Sunday, January 31, 2010

Year 5 & 6 Writing Assignment "What's In The News?"

As part of our PSHE studies, Year 5&6 have been looking at What’s in the news. We have learnt that people like to read about news that happens in their local area and that articles are written to appeal to a target audience. We have written some articles to appeal to other children in the area who might be interested in what we are doing in our local area. We hope you enjoy reading them!

I go to Sierra Bernia School and next to the school there’s a studio of ballet. I have been going to ballet since 2003. Every summer we practice to do a show in the casa de cultura. I like classic ballet. I go on Tuesdays and Fridays. I like to go there because it’s very interesting. By Ariadna (Year 5).

My name is Ella Mae and I live in La Nucia and I got o Sierra Bernia School. Near my school there is a theatre group called Broadway and we practice at Don Quijote. We did a big performance at the casa de cultura in Alfaz. I was the star of the show, I was Peter Pan. This year will be my third year, it is very friendly and I love it!

Jimbo and Sharon Gaffeny run the Broadway. Sharon was on television when she was younger. We do a pantomime at Christmas and Benidorm’s got talent in February. We also do a summer show, a Hallowe’en show and then back to the pantomime.

The times are Thursday and Friday, 5:30 to 7:30 and on Saturday 10:30 to 2:30. I am ten years old and it’s very fun if you love singing and dancing or acting. By Ella Mae (Year 6).

I am Amalia and when I came to Sierra Bernia School, I made lots of friends and we’ve got kind teachers like Mrs Sweet and Mrs Letchford. You can eat in the comedor or you can bring a packed lunch. I’ve got a friend called Ella, she’s cool. I am a good singer and I like to sing Hannah Montana or Miley Cirus songs, and Camp Rock songs. By Amalia (Year 5).

In Sierra Bernia School we are learning all about spies and the gadgets they use. In Maths we are learning about area and perimeter and in science we are learning about planets and the Sun. I have learned that it takes a year for the Earth to go around the Sun. By Joe (Year 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment